Energize your career in the Arctic!
Find your next exciting adventure in the Canadian Arctic! Join our team of highly motivated and experienced industry professionals as we provide safe, reliable, and affordable power across Nunavut.
Working in Nunavut
Nunavut is Canada’s newest and largest territory and has the fastest growing economy in the country. With breathtaking landscapes and amazing adventure opportunities, you will find excitement not only in your career, but in your free time as well. If the thought of dog sledding, snowmobiling, kayaking, ice fishing, or exploring a rich culture filled with distinct artwork and music sounds enticing, Nunavut is the place for you.
Qulliq Energy Corporation
Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) is entrusted to provide safe, reliable power to all customers in Nunavut. Owned by the Government of Nunavut and operated as an arms-length territorial corporation, QEC is the sole provider of electricity and district heating in Nunavut. In comparison to other utilities in Canada, QEC faces unique challenges as it operates 25 stand-alone diesel power generation facilities and distribution systems located in each of the territory’s communities.
Collections Supervisor (QEC 23-013)
Rankin Inlet, Nunavut
Based out of Rankin Inlet, Nunavut and reporting to the Manager, Billings and Collections, the Collections Supervisor is responsible for leading the collection process for general, overdue, and delinquent utility accounts across the territory. The position is also responsible for serving as an elevated authority in situations where customer inquiries require elevation from staff, such as in the case of serious billing disputes, developing of payment plans, collection of large residential, commercial, and government accounts, and when proceeding with appropriate course of action to address delinquent customers’ accounts as outlined in the QEC’s Terms of Service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the collection of larger residential and commercial utility accounts such as those held by the territorial government, municipal governments, and local businesses.
- Reviews aged accounts receivables of each community on a regular basis, contacts delinquent customers accordingly, and attempts to negotiate payment arrangements with customers.
- Initiates collection correspondence to all residential and commercial clients whose utility accounts are over sixty days in arrears and negotiates repayment arrangements with clients.
- Conducts investigations for problematic and long outstanding accounts and analyses billings and statistical data of complex accounts to ensure accuracy of past transactions and future billings.
- Reviews inactive accounts and applies customer deposits or credits to outstanding accounts, including reviewing closed and past accounts written-off for potential bad debt recovery.
- Informs the Manager, Billings and Collections of disputed or delinquent accounts and recommends remedial action in alignment with the QEC’s terms of service.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Post-secondary diploma in accounting, finance, business administration, or related discipline.
- Five years of experience in collections in a customer service environment.
- Two years of experience in the supervision and development of staff.
- Professional designation as a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), or related professional certification, is an asset.
- Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language, and culture.
- The ability to communicate in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French.
We offer a competitive starting salary range of $98,014.44 to $106, 231.10 a northern living allowance of $18,517.00 per annum, a comprehensive benefits package including a defined benefit pension program and subsidized staff housing. This position is not included in the Nunavut Employees Union.
Preference will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
To apply send your application by email to email@example.com or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0
Apply in writing, by April 7, 2023.
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.
We thank all applicants for the interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.