ENERGIZE YOUR CAREER IN THE ARCTIC!
Find your next exciting adventure in the Canadian Arctic! Join our team of highly motivated and experienced industry professionals as we provide safe, reliable, and affordable power across Nunavut.
WORKING IN NUNAVUT
Nunavut is Canada’s newest and largest territory and has the fastest growing economy in the country. With breathtaking landscapes and amazing adventure opportunities, you will find excitement not only in your career, but in your free time as well. If the thought of dog sledding, snowmobiling, kayaking, ice fishing, or exploring a rich culture filled with distinct artwork and music sounds enticing, Nunavut is the place for you.
QULLIQ ENERGY CORPORATION
Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) is entrusted to provide safe, reliable power to all customers in Nunavut. Owned by the Government of Nunavut and operated as an arms-length territorial corporation, QEC is the sole provider of electricity and district heating in Nunavut. In comparison to other utilities in Canada, QEC faces unique challenges as it operates 25 stand-alone diesel power generation facilities and distribution systems located in each of the territory’s communities.
Service Desk Technician (QEC 21-017)
Based out of Iqaluit, Nunavut and reporting to the Manager, Information Technology, the Service Desk Technician is responsible for installing, assessing, troubleshooting, maintaining, and upgrading computers, equipment, and software to ensure the Corporation’s information technology systems perform optimally. The position is also responsible for responding to help desk tickets and assisting employees experiencing challenges with their systems, including creating appropriate support documentation to assist end-users in troubleshooting minor technology issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Provides first contact support of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone, web portal, email, and chat to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Receives, prioritizes, documents, and actively resolves end-user help requests and escalates incidents when necessary to address end-user issues promptly.
- Record, track, and document the service desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions and actions are taken, through to final resolution.
- Escalates incidents with accurate documentation to the suitable technician when required.
- Manages and monitors backups, virtual servers, and automated software update services.
- Provides individualized training at the desktop level as required.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Diploma in Computer Science, Network Administration, or related discipline.
- Two years of experience working in an information technology environment.
- Experience working with desktop and server operating systems.
- Certification in Microsoft products is an asset.
- Experience working with diagnostic utilities such as Veeam and VMware is an asset.
- Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture.
- The ability to communicate in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French.
- Acceptable combinations of education and experience may be considered for this position.
We offer a competitive starting salary range of $81,568.50 to $100,074.00 per annum, a northern living allowance of $15, 016.00 per annum, a comprehensive benefits package including a defined benefit pension program and subsidized staff housing. This position is included in the Nunavut Employees Union.
Preference will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
To apply send your application by email to email@example.com or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0
Apply in writing, by July 15, 2022.
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.
We thank all applicants for the interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.