Energize your career in the Arctic!
Find your next exciting adventure in the Canadian Arctic! Join our team of highly motivated and experienced industry professionals as we provide safe, reliable, and affordable power across Nunavut.
Working in Nunavut
Nunavut is Canada’s newest and largest territory and has the fastest growing economy in the country. With breathtaking landscapes and amazing adventure opportunities, you will find excitement not only in your career, but in your free time as well. If the thought of dog sledding, snowmobiling, kayaking, ice fishing, or exploring a rich culture filled with distinct artwork and music sounds enticing, Nunavut is the place for you.
Qulliq Energy Corporation
Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) is entrusted to provide safe, reliable power to all customers in Nunavut. Owned by the Government of Nunavut and operated as an arms-length territorial corporation, QEC is the sole provider of electricity and district heating in Nunavut. In comparison to other utilities in Canada, QEC faces unique challenges as it operates 25 stand-alone diesel power generation facilities and distribution systems located in each of the territory’s communities.
QEC 20-012 Senior ERP Application Support Analyst
Based out of Baker Lake, Nunavut and reporting to the Director, Information Technology, the Senior ERP Application Support Analyst is responsible for leading, evaluating, maintaining, reviewing, and managing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software resources and services across the organization. The Specialist designs, installs, monitors, maintains, and refines the performance of enterprise software while maintaining the systems databases to ensure efficiency and continuity of Qulliq Energy Corporation’s (QEC) daily business. The position also develops, implements and oversees ERP policies and procedures to ensure the integrity of corporate databases and accompanying software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements, and oversees ERP policies and procedures to ensure the integrity of corporate databases and accompanying software, while ensuring all ERP system activities are carried out in accordance with internal QEC policies, regulatory requirements and software licensing laws.
- Serves as primary system administrator for Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains.
- Develops views, reports and dashboards for use by users and management for improved efficiency.
- Provides daily support to internal users on the use of all ERP systems.
- Ensures security, stability and reliability of data access and data quality across the organization via ongoing database support and maintenance.
- Develops, implements and maintains change controls and testing processes for modifications to all ERP systems.
- Designs and implements systems redundancies, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Act as liaison with business partners and third party vendors for support and/or to coordinate the implementation of new system functionality.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Database Management, or relevant field of study.
- Six (6) years experience in a software system specialist, administrator, analyst, or similar position.
- Advanced ERP software experience (Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains preferred).
- Experience with in system administration within a utility setting is an asset.
- Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture.
- The ability to communicate in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French.
Equivalencies consisting of a combination of related education and experience may be considered.
We offer a competitive starting salary range of $99,684.00 to $117,312.00, a northern living allowance of $24,381 per annum, eligibility for overtime, a comprehensive benefits package including a defined benefit pension program and subsidized staff housing. This position is included in the Nunavut Employees Union.
To apply send your application by email to email@example.com or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0
Apply in writing, by August 7, 2020.
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.
We thank all applicants for the interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.