ENERGIZE YOUR CAREER IN THE ARCTIC!
Find your next exciting adventure in the Canadian Arctic! Join our team of highly motivated and experienced industry professionals as we provide safe, reliable, and affordable power across Nunavut.
WORKING IN NUNAVUT
Nunavut is Canada’s newest and largest territory and has the fastest growing economy in the country. With breathtaking landscapes and amazing adventure opportunities, you will find excitement not only in your career, but in your free time as well. If the thought of dog sledding, snowmobiling, kayaking, ice fishing, or exploring a rich culture filled with distinct artwork and music sounds enticing, Nunavut is the place for you.
QULLIQ ENERGY CORPORATION
Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) is entrusted to provide safe, reliable power to all customers in Nunavut. Owned by the Government of Nunavut and operated as an arms-length territorial corporation, QEC is the sole provider of electricity and district heating in Nunavut. In comparison to other utilities in Canada, QEC faces unique challenges as it operates 25 stand-alone diesel power generation facilities and distribution systems located in each of the territory’s communities.
QEC 20-044 Production Supervisor – Qikiqtaaluk North (Re-Advertisement)
Based out of Iqaluit, Nunavut and reporting to the Manager, Production, the Production Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of the day-to-day operation of the northern Qikiqtaaluk region satellite diesel generating plants with respect to the production and distribution of energy in the region. This involves working closely with the Plant Superintendents and Assistant Operators to ensure safety, reliability, and efficiency in each generating station, while ensuring that all plants within Arctic Bay, Clyde River, Grise Fiord, Hall Beach, Igloolik, Pond Inlet, Qikiqtarjuaq and Resolute Bay adhere to all health, safety and environmental legislation, policies, and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides direct supervision to production staff in the Arctic Bay, Clyde River, Grise Fiord, Hall Beach, Igloolik, Pond Inlet, Qikiqtarjuaq and Resolute Bay generating stations in the delivery of safe, reliable, and efficient power to Qulliq Energy Corporation’s customers.
• Ensures that the plant operates in compliance with all corporate guidelines providing QEC with the utmost in protection and a corporate reputation of continuously delivering best practices and service.
• Works with the Manager, Maintenance to ensure annual plant maintenance initiatives are carried out.
• Reviews all routine plant inspection reports and rectifies all deficiencies in a prompt manner.
• Ensures customer service orders, connects and disconnects are properly completed while Plant Superintendents are on leave.
• Conducts regular plant inspection trips to satellite communities to ensure plants meet all safety codes, and are properly maintained and operated.
• Overtime may be required to fulfill responsibilities and meet deadlines.
• Position requires limited travel and at times availability on a 24-hour basis.
Required Qualifications Include:
• Interprovincial Red Seal certification as a Power Systems Electrician, Heavy Equipment Technician, or relevant utilities trade’s discipline.
• Five years direct experience working in a power generating facility.
• Two years of supervisory experience in a power generating facility.
• Experience in diesel power generation is an asset.
• Experience in preparing operating budgets is an asset.
• Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture.
• The ability to communicate in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French.
• Highschool diploma.
• Nine years direct experience working in a power generating facility.
• Two years of supervisory or lead hand experience.
We offer a competitive starting salary range of $113,692 to $134,763 a northern living allowance of $15,016 per annum, a comprehensive benefits package including a defined benefit pension program and subsidized staff housing. This position is not included in the Nunavut Employees Union.
Preference will be given to Nunavut Inuit. If a Nunavut Inuit is not the successful candidate, the position will be offered as a three (3) year term.
To apply send your application by email to email@example.com or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0
Apply in writing, by December 11, 2020.
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.
We thank all applicants for the interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.