ENERGIZE YOUR CAREER IN THE ARCTIC!
Find your next exciting adventure in the Canadian Arctic! Join our team of highly motivated and experienced industry professionals as we provide safe, reliable, and affordable power across Nunavut.
WORKING IN NUNAVUT
Nunavut is Canada’s newest and largest territory and has the fastest growing economy in the country. With breathtaking landscapes and amazing adventure opportunities, you will find excitement not only in your career, but in your free time as well. If the thought of dog sledding, snowmobiling, kayaking, ice fishing, or exploring a rich culture filled with distinct artwork and music sounds enticing, Nunavut is the place for you.
QULLIQ ENERGY CORPORATION
Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) is entrusted to provide safe, reliable power to all customers in Nunavut. Owned by the Government of Nunavut and operated as an arms-length territorial corporation, QEC is the sole provider of electricity and district heating in Nunavut. In comparison to other utilities in Canada, QEC faces unique challenges as it operates 25 stand-alone diesel power generation facilities and distribution systems located in each of the territory’s communities.
QEC-20-025 Manager, Information Technology
Based out of Baker Lake, Nunavut and reporting to the Director, Information Technology. The Manager, Information Technology (IT) provides oversight for the day-today operation of the IT Department and for the coordination and planning of IT related projects. The position is responsible for ensuring the organization’s information system requirements are maintained and updated to optimize efficiencies across the Corporation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains current and accurate inventory of all IT hardware, software and resources.
• Keeps detailed records and networks maps of all network infrastructure.
• Manages the maintenance, upgrades and security of the complete Corporate communications infrastructure including telephone systems and wide, local and metropolitan area networks.
• Manages the maintenance, upgrades and security of all IT related systems and services including Internet, Intranet, website, Help Desk, e-mail, file and print, security and monitoring.
• Plans and implements additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting infrastructure as directed by the Director, IT.
• Oversees the management of the Microsoft Great Plains financial system, StarGarden system and other programs as required.
Required Qualifications Include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Information Technology or Computer Science or a related discipline from an accredited university.
• Five (5) years of progressive experience in a IT management or lead role, with three (3) years experience in the supervision and development of direct reports.
• Experience with the application development process in a Microsoft .Net environment utilizing Microsoft SQL Server relational database.
• Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture.
• The ability to communicate in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French.
Equivalencies consisting of a combination of related education and experience may be considered.
We offer a competitive starting salary range of $113,938.50 to $136,090.50, a northern living allowance of $24,381 per annum, eligibility for overtime, a comprehensive benefits package including a defined benefit pension program and subsidized staff housing. This position is not included in the Nunavut Employees Union.
To apply send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0
Apply in writing, by August 14, 2020.
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.
We thank all applicants for the interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.