ENERGIZE YOUR CAREER IN THE ARCTIC!
Find your next exciting adventure in the Canadian Arctic! Join our team of highly motivated and experienced industry professionals as we provide safe, reliable, and affordable power across Nunavut.
WORKING IN NUNAVUT
Nunavut is Canada’s newest and largest territory and has the fastest growing economy in the country. With breathtaking landscapes and amazing adventure opportunities, you will find excitement not only in your career, but in your free time as well. If the thought of dog sledding, snowmobiling, kayaking, ice fishing, or exploring a rich culture filled with distinct artwork and music sounds enticing, Nunavut is the place for you.
QULLIQ ENERGY CORPORATION
Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) is entrusted to provide safe, reliable power to all customers in Nunavut. Owned by the Government of Nunavut and operated as an arms-length territorial corporation, QEC is the sole provider of electricity and district heating in Nunavut. In comparison to other utilities in Canada, QEC faces unique challenges as it operates 25 stand-alone diesel power generation facilities and distribution systems located in each of the territory’s communities.
QEC 21-018 Manager, Distribution and Fleet Operations
Based out of Iqaluit, Nunavut and reporting to the Director, Operations the Manager, Distribution and Fleet Operations is responsible for executing distribution and maintenance projects. The position manages all maintenance and emergency response programs and procedures related to power line distribution and serves as a subject matter expert on all line construction projects when collaborating with the Engineering department. Position is also responsible for all capital and maintenance decisions involving fleet vehicles, and allocation of fleet vehicles, as well as implementation of the corporate vehicle policy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plans, organizes, schedules, assigns, and oversees employee activities related to the installation, repair, and maintenance of the corporation’s distribution systems and associated systems, while ensuring work is compliant with QEC standards and all other applicable codes, standards, and regulations.
• Prepares reports on operational requirements regarding line repair and maintenance.
• Manages working relationship with clients, internal resources, and third parties such as vendors, subcontractors, utilities, etc.
• Collaborates with the Engineering department by serving as a subject matter expert on the execution of all distribution projects, including installation of emergency units and new plant connections.
• Develops and manages an annual departmental budget of approximately five (5) million dollars.
• Ensures all fleet vehicles are maintained to a safe and acceptable standard, including budgeting and requisitioning replacement vehicles appropriately.
• Oversees all required vehicle certifications and ensures compliance with industry standards and corporate policies.
Required Qualifications Include:
• Inter-provincial certification as a Powerline Technician or Diploma in Engineering Technology
• Seven years of experience maintaining or executing distribution system projects.
• Two years of experience in the supervision and development of staff.
• Experience working with medium voltage distribution systems, including overhead and underground construction, substations, metering, protection and control and distribution
• Experience managing and coordinating fleet operations
• Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset.
• Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture.
• The ability to communicate in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French.
We offer a competitive starting salary range of $121,534.40 to $145,163.20 a northern living allowance of $15,016 per annum, a comprehensive benefits package including a defined benefit pension program and subsidized staff housing. This position is NOT included in the Nunavut Employees Union.
To apply send your application by email to email@example.com or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0
Apply in writing, by June 4, 2021.
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.
We thank all applicants for the interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.