Energize your career in the Arctic!
Find your next exciting adventure in the Canadian Arctic! Join our team of highly motivated and experienced industry professionals as we provide safe, reliable, and affordable power across Nunavut.
Working in Nunavut
Nunavut is Canada’s newest and largest territory and has the fastest growing economy in the country. With breathtaking landscapes and amazing adventure opportunities, you will find excitement not only in your career, but in your free time as well. If the thought of dog sledding, snowmobiling, kayaking, ice fishing, or exploring a rich culture filled with distinct artwork and music sounds enticing, Nunavut is the place for you.
Qulliq Energy Corporation
Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) is entrusted to provide safe, reliable power to all customers in Nunavut. Owned by the Government of Nunavut and operated as an arms-length territorial corporation, QEC is the sole provider of electricity and district heating in Nunavut. In comparison to other utilities in Canada, QEC faces unique challenges as it operates 25 stand-alone diesel power generation facilities and distribution systems located in each of the territory’s communities.
QEC 21-037 Executive Services Coordinator
Based out of Iqaluit, Nunavut and reporting to the President and CEO. The Executive Services Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support to the President and CEO. The position is also responsible for providing administrative and operational support to QEC’s Board of Directors. The position works with the Board Chair to establish and administer the Board’s governance framework and provides advice on governance requirements and issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides the President with confidential secretarial and administrative support including scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, preparing correspondence, and editing reports and presentations
- Supports the Senior Management Committee by booking space for meetings, preparing meeting agendas, circulating meeting materials, recording meeting minutes, tracking deferred items, reviewing pre-meeting information items, etc.
- Manages document flow in the executive office – sorts, retains, develops, utilizes filing systems and databases, and manages documents requiring the signature of the President.
- Manages Board of Directors and relevant Committee meeting logistics including collecting, preparing, and distributing pre-reading materials, agendas, notifications and minutes, reserving and organizing meeting facilities, travel arrangements and accommodations; coordinating Senior Management presentations and liaising with the Board to finalize minutes, tracks meetings, and expense invoices
- Attends Board and Committee meetings to record detailed minutes and highlight decisions related coordinates the flow of information between the Board, Committees, and Management, and ensures the President is appraised of Board decisions and requests, coordinating responses as required.
- to information items and action items and resolutions
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and working relationships with representatives of the Office of the Minister responsible for QEC and coordinates inquiries in collaboration with the Board Chairperson.
- Performs Corporate Secretary and Signing Officer duties including signing or certifying documents on behalf of the Corporation.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Diploma in Business Administration, Office Administration, or related discipline.
- Five years of experience providing administrative support to senior management.
- Experience working in an engineering, construction, or utility environment is an asset.
- Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture.
- The ability to communicate in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French.
We offer a competitive salary range of $87,204.00 to $108,088.50 per annum, a northern living allowance of $15,016 per annum, a comprehensive benefits package including a defined benefit pension program and subsidized staff housing. This position is not included in the Nunavut Employees Union.
Preference will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
To apply send your application by email to email@example.com or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, and NU X0C
Apply in writing, by October 8, 2021.
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.
We thank all applicants for the interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.