Energize your career in the Arctic!
Find your next exciting adventure in the Canadian Arctic! Join our team of highly motivated and experienced industry professionals as we provide safe, reliable, and affordable power across Nunavut.
Working in Nunavut
Nunavut is Canada’s newest and largest territory and has the fastest growing economy in the country. With breathtaking landscapes and amazing adventure opportunities, you will find excitement not only in your career, but in your free time as well. If the thought of dog sledding, snowmobiling, kayaking, ice fishing, or exploring a rich culture filled with distinct artwork and music sounds enticing, Nunavut is the place for you.
Qulliq Energy Corporation
Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) is entrusted to provide safe, reliable power to all customers in Nunavut. Owned by the Government of Nunavut and operated as an arms-length territorial corporation, QEC is the sole provider of electricity and district heating in Nunavut. In comparison to other utilities in Canada, QEC faces unique challenges as it operates 25 stand-alone diesel power generation facilities and distribution systems located in each of the territory’s communities.
QEC-19-059 REGIONAL DISTRIBUTION SUPERVISOR
Based out of Cambridge Bay, Nunavut and reporting to the Manager, Distribution, the Regional Distribution Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of all line maintenance staff, power line activities and line construction projects within the Kitikmeot and Kivalliq regions, as well as the oversight of the maintenance and emergency response programs and procedures associated with power line distribution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, assigns and supervises employee activities engaged in the installation, repair and maintenance of the power systems, including distribution system outages while ensuring work is in compliance with QEC standards, the Work Protection Code and all applicable legislation.
- Schedules, assigns and supervises the installation, repair and maintenance of all electrical distribution systems and associated equipment for the designated regions.
- Assists with the preparation of reports regarding line repair & maintenance.
- Manages key relationships with clients, internal resources, and third parties such as vendors, subcontractors, essential service agreements (ESA), and utilities.
- Finalizes and submits budget proposals for line maintenance and repair, travel, and staffing requirements.
- Utilizes the corporate maintenance systems (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of line equipment.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Journeyperson Interprovincial Red Seal certification as a Powerline Technician.
- Five (5) years of experience working with electrical distribution systems, with a minimum of two (2) years experience in a lead hand role.
- Valid drivers’ license and satisfactory drivers abstract.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation.
- Project management experience in the areas of planning and scheduling, resource management, estimating and progress reporting.
- Experience using CMMS.
- Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture.
- The ability to communicate in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French.
Equivalencies consisting of a combination of related education and experience may be considered.
We offer a competitive starting salary range of $111,467 to $132,121, a northern living allowance of $19,716 per annum, eligibility for overtime, a comprehensive benefits package including a defined benefit pension program and subsidized staff housing. This position is not included in the Nunavut Employees Union.
Preference will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
To apply send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0
Apply in writing, by November 15, 2019.
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.
We thank all applicants for the interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.