Energize your career in the Arctic!
Find your next exciting adventure in the Canadian Arctic! Join our team of highly motivated and experienced industry professionals as we provide safe, reliable, and affordable power across Nunavut.
Working in Nunavut
Nunavut is Canada’s newest and largest territory and has the fastest growing economy in the country. With breathtaking landscapes and amazing adventure opportunities, you will find excitement not only in your career, but in your free time as well. If the thought of dog sledding, snowmobiling, kayaking, ice fishing, or exploring a rich culture filled with distinct artwork and music sounds enticing, Nunavut is the place for you.
Qulliq Energy Corporation
Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) is entrusted to provide safe, reliable power to all customers in Nunavut. Owned by the Government of Nunavut and operated as an arms-length territorial corporation, QEC is the sole provider of electricity and district heating in Nunavut. In comparison to other utilities in Canada, QEC faces unique challenges as it operates 25 stand-alone diesel power generation facilities and distribution systems located in each of the territory’s communities.
QEC-19-051 Partsperson – Materials Technician
Based out of Iqaluit, Nunavut and reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Partsperson – Materials Technician is a highly organized role that is responsible for the ordering, shipping/receiving, tracking, and inspection of all parts and materials including dangerous goods while maintaining an inventory log of all items stored in the Iqaluit warehouse.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Supply Chain Manager to maintain supply, storage and distribution of parts and materials for the region.
- Performs inventory control for the area in conjunction with the supervisor and supply chain management, including quarterly inventory counts and annual reporting of inventory levels.
- Issues expensed items out of warehouse or holding areas to specified users and maintains adequate supply of all expensed items on hand through cycle counts.
- Drafts freight waybills along with dangerous goods shipping documents.
- Maintains an accurate record for all orders and receivables. This includes the use of proper coding and authorization verification trough the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Collaborates with the Maintenance Supervisor and supply chain division to finalize the sealift process for all of the communities within the region. This includes receiving and sorting incoming sealift crates and directing shipments to their final destination.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Inter-provincial trades certification as a Partsperson - Parts Technician.
- Three (3) years of experience working in an industrial or electrical utility warehouse.
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Air (IATA) Certification.
- WHMIS and Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certification.
- A valid class 5 driver’s license and satisfactory drivers abstract.
- Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture.
- The ability to communicate in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French.
Equivalencies consisting of a combination of related education and experience may be considered.
We offer a competitive starting salary range of $85,300 to $98,196, a northern living allowance of $15,016 per annum, eligibility for overtime, a comprehensive benefits package including a defined benefit pension program and subsidized staff housing. This position is included in the Nunavut Employees Union.
Preference will be given to Nunavut Inuit. If a Nunavut Inuit is not the successful candidate, the position will be offered as a three (3) year term.
To apply send your application by email to email@example.com or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0
Apply in writing, by October 18, 2019.
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.
We thank all applicants for the interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.