Energize your career in the Arctic!
Find your next exciting adventure in the Canadian Arctic! Join our team of highly motivated and experienced industry professionals as we provide safe, reliable, and affordable power across Nunavut.
Working in Nunavut
Nunavut is Canada’s newest and largest territory and has the fastest growing economy in the country. With breathtaking landscapes and amazing adventure opportunities, you will find excitement not only in your career, but in your free time as well. If the thought of dog sledding, snowmobiling, kayaking, ice fishing, or exploring a rich culture filled with distinct artwork and music sounds enticing, Nunavut is the place for you.
Qulliq Energy Corporation
Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) is entrusted to provide safe, reliable power to all customers in Nunavut. Owned by the Government of Nunavut and operated as an arms-length territorial corporation, QEC is the sole provider of electricity and district heating in Nunavut. In comparison to other utilities in Canada, QEC faces unique challenges as it operates 25 stand-alone diesel power generation facilities and distribution systems located in each of the territory’s communities.
QEC-19-048 Manager, Maintenance (re-advertisement)
Based out of Iqaluit, Nunavut and reporting to the Director of Operations, the Manager, Maintenance is accountable for contributing to the safe and reliable operation of the Corporation’s twenty-five diesel power plants by leading the Maintenance team in the planning and management of all preventative, corrective and emergency maintenance activities while ensuring compliance to all applicable standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads plant maintenance activities related to improving and overseeing maintenance systems, contributing to continuous improvement initiatives, executing long-term strategic plans, and providing supervision to the section’s professional trade staff and front line employees.
- Initiates, implements, and manages the maintenance program for all mechanical and electrical systems, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance for each power plant.
- Develops, maintains, tracks and reports on the annual Maintenance budget.
- Maintains a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Assists with planning and implementing plant and service improvements and expansions.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Inter-provincial Red Seal trade certification as an Industrial Electrician, Power Systems Electrician, Heavy Equipment Technician or a relevant utilities trade’s discipline.
- Seven (7) years of post certification relevant trades experience in a utilities setting with four (4) years experience in a supervisory role.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience with diesel power generation.
- Experience in preparing capital and operating budgets.
- Project management experience in the areas of planning and scheduling, resources management, estimating and progress reporting is an asset.
- Valid drivers’ license and satisfactory drivers abstract.
- A Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) or Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation.
- Project management experience in the areas of planning and scheduling, resources management, estimating and progress reporting.
- Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture.
- The ability to communicate in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French.
Equivalencies consisting of a combination of related education and experience may be considered.
We offer a competitive starting salary range of $119,142 to $142,313, a northern living allowance of $15,016 per annum, eligibility for overtime, a comprehensive benefits package including a defined benefit pension program and subsidized staff housing. This position is not included in the Nunavut Employees Union.
Preference will be given to applicants who are Nunavut Inuit.
To apply send your application by email to email@example.com or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0
This posting will remain open until filled.
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.
We thank all applicants for the interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.