Qulliq Energy Corporation
Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) is entrusted to provide safe, reliable power to all customers in Nunavut. Owned by the Government of Nunavut and operated as an arms-length territorial corporation, QEC is the sole provider of electricity and district heating in Nunavut. In comparison to other utilities in Canada, QEC faces unique challenges as it operates 25 stand-alone diesel power generation facilities and distribution systems located in each of the territory’s communities.
QEC-19-035 Manager, Billings and Collections (Re-advertisement)
Based out of Baker Lake, Nunavut and reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Manager, Billings and Collections is responsible for the planning, coordination, and administration of the Customer Care division. This position oversees the functional areas of the division, including billings, accounts receivables, collections, and customer service and ensures all work performed within the division is in accordance with all applicable acts and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, schedules, assigns and supervises employees engaged in billings, accounts receivables, collections, and customer service.
- Ensures the provision of efficient, high quality and responsive service to the Corporation’s clients and responds to escalated customer care inquiries.
- Manages the process for billings and reconciliations of subsidy programs.
- Implements and maintains quality control processes to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of recording of revenue, receivables and receipts.
- Monitors billings, collections and account receivables.
- Maintains and manages the customer security deposits sub-ledger.
- Manages collection procedures in accordance with QEC’s Terms & Conditions of Service.
- Prepares various statistical reports such as those related to billings vs. generation comparisons, number of days in receivables, etc.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university.
- Professional accounting designation or extensive practical experience with GAAP and significant progression toward completion of an accounting designation.
- Seven (7) years’ experience in customer service and collections, including at least four (4) years supervision of staff at a professional level.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe and the internet.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with databases and financial systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains software.
- Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture.
- The ability to communicate in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
We offer a competitive starting salary range of $104,500 to $123,864, a northern living allowance of $24,381 per annum, eligibility for overtime, a comprehensive benefits package including a defined benefit pension program and subsidized staff housing. This position is not included in the Nunavut Employees Union.
Preference will be given to applicants who are Nunavut Inuit.
To apply email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0
This posting will remain open until filled.
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.
We thank all applicants for the interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.