Energize your career in the Arctic!
Find your next exciting adventure in the Canadian Arctic! Join our team of highly motivated and experienced industry professionals as we provide safe, reliable, and affordable power across Nunavut.
Working in Nunavut
Nunavut is Canada’s newest and largest territory and has the fastest growing economy in the country. With breathtaking landscapes and amazing adventure opportunities, you will find excitement not only in your career, but in your free time as well. If the thought of dog sledding, snowmobiling, kayaking, ice fishing, or exploring a rich culture filled with distinct artwork and music sounds enticing, Nunavut is the place for you.
Qulliq Energy Corporation
Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) is entrusted to provide safe, reliable power to all customers in Nunavut. Owned by the Government of Nunavut and operated as an arms-length territorial corporation, QEC is the sole provider of electricity and district heating in Nunavut. In comparison to other utilities in Canada, QEC faces unique challenges as it operates 25 stand-alone diesel power generation facilities and distribution systems located in each of the territory’s communities.
Human Resources Coordinator (Temporary)
Based out of Iqaluit, Nunavut and reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, this position is a key support role for the Human Resources (HR) department. The HR Coordinator will be involved in a variety of HR functions and will assist in the improvement and development of processes and procedures by interacting and working effectively with client groups. This position will also assist in the execution and administration of various HR programs and reports that support the Corporation’s strategic goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the full cycle recruitment process for temporary and relief employment engagements.
- Administers the control and approval process for all temporary and relief employee extensions.
- Supports the Staffing and Recruitment Officer and Manager, Human Resources with respect to permanent recruitment competition files.
- Maintains records management for the HR department general records in both electronic and physical format.
- Responds to routine internal and external questions or concerns regarding employment information, HR policies and procedures.
- Replies to general inquiries in the QEC HR Inbox and directs concerns to the appropriate personnel.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Completion of a two year post-secondary Diploma in Human Resources Management.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a human resources administration role.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Human Resources.
- A Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation.
- The ability to communicate in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French.
- Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture.
A combination of education and related work experience may be considered
We offer a competitive starting salary range of $79,969 to $92,059, a northern living allowance of $15,016 per annum, eligibility for overtime, and a comprehensive benefits package including a defined benefit pension program. This position is not included in the Nunavut Employees Union.
Preference will be given to applicants who are Nunavut Inuit.
To apply send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.
We thank all applicants for the interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.