Energize your career in the Arctic!
Find your next exciting adventure in the Canadian Arctic! Join our team of highly motivated and experienced industry professionals as we provide safe, reliable, and affordable power across Nunavut.
Working in Nunavut
Nunavut is Canada’s newest and largest territory and has the fastest growing economy in the country. With breathtaking landscapes and amazing adventure opportunities, you will find excitement not only in your career, but in your free time as well. If the thought of dog sledding, snowmobiling, kayaking, ice fishing, or exploring a rich culture filled with distinct artwork and music sounds enticing, Nunavut is the place for you.
Qulliq Energy Corporation
Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) is entrusted to provide safe, reliable power to all customers in Nunavut. Owned by the Government of Nunavut and operated as an arms-length territorial corporation, QEC is the sole provider of electricity and district heating in Nunavut. In comparison to other utilities in Canada, QEC faces unique challenges as it operates 25 stand-alone diesel power generation facilities and distribution systems located in each of the territory’s communities.
Billing Clerk - Temporary
(This competition is restricted to Nunavut Inuit applicants only)
Working out of the Iqaluit regional office, the Billing Clerk is responsible for delivering customer service to the Corporation’s customers. This includes responding to customer inquiries, processing customer payments, maintaining customer accounts and processing work orders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes work orders for customer connections, disconnections and account transfers.
- Prepares, classifies, and processes monthly utility invoices for mail distribution.
- Applies appropriate fees to customer accounts for disconnection notices and advises delinquent customers about applicable security deposits required for reconnection of services.
- Processes bill payments for new and existing customers.
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding invoices and meter reads.
- Coordinates with Operations staff to validate the accuracy of monthly meter read reports.
Required Qualifications Include:
- High school diploma.
- One year of experience in customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with customers in a courteous and positive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, external contacts, the public, and work as part of a team with colleagues and supervisors.
- Post secondary education in office or business administration.
- Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture.
- The ability to communicate in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
We offer a competitive starting salary range of $65,383 to $73,690 a northern living allowance of $15,016 per annum, eligibility for overtime, and a comprehensive benefits package including a defined benefit and pension program. This position is included in the Nunavut Employees Union.
To apply email email@example.com or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0.
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.